Belgrade, June 5, 2020

A member of the Crisis Staff for the Suppression of Infectious Diseases COVID-19 and epidemiologist Darija Kisić Tepavčević announced that the headquarters made a decision today that there is no longer a limit on the number of people when it comes to gathering in the open.

In a statement for the Tanjug agency, Kisić Tepavčević emphasized that a preventive measure of physical distance must be applied in the open space – a distance of at least one meter.
As for the closed space, the maximum number will be 500 people, instead of 100 as was allowed so far, she explained and reminded that certain measures of easing during the epidemic were already adopted at the session of the Crisis Staff last week.
According to her, the Crisis Staff also made a recommendation that the wearing of personal protective equipment, masks and gloves, in the future be mandatory only in public transport, which, as she said, will be decided by the Government of Serbia at the next session.
It is recommended that personal protection measures be used by persons older than 65 and those who have chronic diseases and deficient conditions, where the probability of complications significantly increases if an infection occurs, said Kisić Tepavčević.